This year’s Road Trip season is extending into the Fall, according to AAA*. Friday, September 22nd, marks the official end of Summer and the Beginning of Autumn, but American’s don’t seem ready to stop traveling and taking vacations.
Traveling between Labor Day and Thanksgiving has its advantages…
- You tend to get better value for your money since most vacation destinations are now in their “off-season”.
- The weather is not too hot and not too cold – its just right!
- Smaller crowds since its not the peak travel and vacation season.
So your probably wondering where to go… here are a few ideas:
- Go see the Fall Foilage. Great places to visit are the NorthEast, New England, and the mountains of North Carolina or Colorado.
- Get to one of the top 5 stateside mainland destinations:
- Orlando, Fl
- Anaheim, CA
- New York City
- Las Vegas
If you decide to take your vehicle and hit the road this Fall, remember your travel safety! Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Wear a seat belt every single time you’re in the car.
- Restrain children in age-, height- and weight-appropriate car seats.
- Don’t drive drunk or drugged; use a designated driver… or Uber or Lyft.
- Get plenty of sleep before a car trip, and take regular breaks to stave off fatigue.
- Avoid distracted driving by refraining from using smartphones or other devices while driving.
- Check your vehicle’s tire pressure, wiper blades, fluid levels, lights and air conditioning before you hit the road.
- Check for outstanding safety recalls on your car using the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s vehicle identification number lookup tool.
- Pack an emergency roadside kit containing a mobile phone and charger, first-aid kit, flashlight, flares, jumper cables, drinking water and blankets.
Beach Auto Brokers has been in business since 1985, Driven by excellence and proudly serving the Hampton Roads community for over 30 years. The Beach Auto Brokers full inventory of vehicles is available for you to look at, test drive, and ask questions about. And our knowledgeable staff is ready to help you. And while you’re here, we’ll take a look at your current vehicle and tell you what it’s worth – on the retail market and the trade-in value.
*According to a new survey from roadside-assistance provider AAA, more than a quarter of respondents have at least one more big vacation planned for fall.